Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Holidays

Haa Haa, I just posted a blog with nothing but a title. I'm editing to fix it right now. Then I deleted part of my blog with one click. I'm so computer savvy sometimes, I scare me.

It's that time of year again....the HOLIDAYS. I have love/hate feeling for the holidays. I love what the season is suppose to be. Celebrating Christ and spending time with family. I love the grandparents getting excited over grandkids excitement. Though I'm not huge fan of all the stuff we have to take home because of it. I love Mississippi Mud and lasagna, and other family traditions. I love seeing Allisyn get excited about the little things. I love Piper stare at the tree when we walk by. I love that we are going to be making our own traditions.

On the flip side,I hate the consumerism of the holiday. I hate seeing Christmas stuff up in July. I hate the stress of finding the perfect gift for people who really don't care. I hate having to act like I REALLY like the old lady sweatshirt. I hate how mean people get when they are shopping. So when your out and about doing your holiday shopping this season, be sure to be nice to the cashiers out there who have to take all the abuse from the the people who forget what the season is really about.

2 comments:

Lea said...

Wow, you hit that right on the nose! Me too!

The other thing I love is telling people "Merry Christmas!". Sometimes they seem so surprised. The other day I told a cashier that when I was checking out at a store and he said I was the first one to tell him that this year. I thought that was pretty neat.

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Jana H said...

Joy, that's so right. I agree with you. I hate the consumerism too. I won't be buying many presents this year, one becasue I'm in college and can't afford them, and two, I can show people I love and appreciate them without a present. But you're so right. Can't wait to see you again.