Monday, October 12, 2009

Long days

Michael has been working some doubles lately. Last Friday, today, this coming Friday. It sucks now, but the extra $ will be nice. We've strayed away from our FPU teaching and with Christmas coming up the extra will help. A double means he works from 7a to 9p. When you have 2 little daddy's girls, it makes for a long day!

Today I'm pretty sure Piper was trying to tell me something along the lines of, "you can't make me, you're not my dad." I was sweeping the floors and running the steamer and she was trying to run in between me and the steamer handle. Not exactly safe when steam blowing out. So I got on to her and told her she had to stop. She proceeded to shake her hand at me and chatter something about her daddy while shaking her head at me. It was very hard not to laugh.

Alli starts asking about 2 if her daddy is on his way home. Usually she does ok when I tell her Michael will be working a long day. Other times she informs me, "that really stinks, mom."

Tomorrow they have MDO!!! I'm excited since the last 2 weeks they have only gone 1 day. Since this is fall break, they will only be going one day as well. Which means I must enjoy tomorrow to it's fullest!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Lea said...

I feel your pain. Paul left for Boston today so we are on our own until he comes back on Saturday. Mom and Kathy are planning to come for a visit on Thursday so we will definitely look forward to that. Hope you all have a good week.