Friday, January 15, 2010

Randomness

So Michael is now working nights full time. He works 7 days on and 7 days off. Everyone has been asking how it's going. I won't lie, the weeks he works can be rough. He goes in between 7 and 8 and gets home around 8 am. Then he goes upstairs and sleeps. Depending on the day he gets woke up anywhere from 230-4. Then he gets up and spends some time with us, we eat and it starts all over. He works Wed to Wed. By the time he gets off, I'm running on fumes. I'm sure it's just because I have a little bug sucking some of the life out of me as it grows! Overall, it's really nice. The extra $ on the paycheck, the week off. It also gives him the opportunity, like today, to pick up an extra shift here and there for some OT.

We have really fallen off the FPU road so that will help us get back on track. Something about us adding another member to our family puts in place to get back on track!

Yesterday I had to go in and get my OB blodwork and UA done. I was suppose to sit through the new orientation class again, but my OB nurse totally rocks and got me out of it. They wouldn't have told me anything I didn't already know. So they gave the paperwork to have my bloodwork done I got to go. The bloodwork sucked.

I HATE needles. That is a big reason I don't get epidurals. That and the minority horror stories and the research about how babies and moms do better with out them. (NOT judging anyone who gets them, I feel like I'm the chicken!) Anyway, so she first stuck me and it went well, she got 4 vials and took the tourniquet off and the flow stopped. Nothing. She fished, nothing. Tried the other arm, nothing. I get really hot and have to take a break and drink some water. Enter new guy. Sticks first arm again, nothing. Fishes, nothing. Takes
It out and sticks again. Finally! They take the last 4 vials of blood and I get to go home. Surprisingly enough, my arm is not bruised. So hopefully everything is all ready for my first appointment next
Friday.

Tomorrow I get a girls day with my sister and SIL! I'm super excited! The three of us have been plannig on going to the Melting Pot together for awhile, tomorrow is the day, along with pedicures and a movie!! Good times will be had!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can not imagine nights. Though my hubby is home in the evenings his commute SUCKS and often times he is home around 7pm (after getting off at 5, leaving office by 5:20); 8pm is bathtime, 9pm is bedtime....not a whole lot of time....so I do understand the mommy running on fumes/last threads.

I am excited about your new growing addition to your family. We want 4 but we are still paying off #2 and I wanted to run a 1/2 marathon before getting preggo with #3. That though may not happen.

Lea said...

I feel for you. That 7 days on must be really tough, although I'm sure the 7 days off and the extra money is nice.

I also feel your pain with the blood draws. They have a terrible time getting my blood or starting an IV or anything that requires a vein. Terrible.

Glad you are getting a girls day out. Mom, Kathy and Jana are coming here on Wednesday. Jana is going to watch the boys while mom, Kathy and I go to a movie. It has been years since we have done that. Kathy and I decided at Christmas that this would be our gift to each other:).