Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Soo Much Going On

these days. Allisyn is growing like a weed. She is so amazing. It seems like she is learning something new every minute. She likes to lay next to you and point out your nose, mouth, and eyes. The only bad thing is if you have your glasses on, she thinks they need to come off. I have been wearing my contacts a lot lately so she doesn't like it when I have my glasses on. Right now Michael's youngest brother Stephen is here with us. He is finishing up his mural in the playroom. It is looking really nice. I can't wait until it is done and I can post pictures. He is really talented. Allisyn really likes having him here. She climbs all over him and talks to him. It is really cute.



We have started coloring. It is really fun to watch her. She is definitely right handed. She really seems to enjoy it until she tries to eat the crayon or hits with it. Then we have to put them up. We are starting the hitting phase. I know that all little kids go through this, but why does it seem to come naturally? Michael and I have different approaches on how to handle it, and it leads to some disagreements. It is something we are having to pray about.



The weaning and getting her to sleep in her own bed campaign have come to a halt. Not sure why, I just think we are too tired to keep fighting with it. It will happen when it happens I guess.



Michael is seriously thinking about finding another job. Right now they do not have any technicians, which makes his job a lot harder. With having no help and having a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic he is really tired of the store.



Other news, my great-grandma who is 96 is in the hospital after a bad fall. She shattered her pelvic bone. She has been living by herself up until the fall and will probably have to go to a nursing home now. She will not be happy with not being able to live in her own home. Right now she is in a lot of pain and they are keeping her pretty drugged up to try to make her comfortable. They do not think she will be able to walk again with this. She is so special to me and I hate to think of her in all that pain. She has been the glue that has held me together so many times in my life, especially when I was younger.


Well, this post has taken me a few days to post, and Michael is about to go hang out with some of his friends and Allisyn isn't happy about it. Must tend to her.

No comments: