Saturday, November 8, 2008

Glad to be home!

So the girls and I went to stay with my family for a few days. Michael thought he was going to be working a couple of days of doubles. He ended up just working one, but we decided to go ahead and go stay with my family. It was good and bad.

The good was getting to see family. On Thursday we spent the day at the farm. My grandpa and step-grandma had a full house. My daddy, aunt Kathy, aunt Lea and her two boys, me and my 2 girls got to enjoy some wonderful food and great times! We got to pick some pecans, go for tractor rides. Allisyn got to see cows and Pap-paw's new horse. It was good times.

Wed, Thurs, and Friday afternoon we hung out with Katy and Mam-maw. Thursday we got to see my grandma. We missed out on getting to spend time with just her on our last trip, so it was really nice.

We always stay with my Aunt Sandy. She is really great about helping me out. Like at 145 in the morning when both girls are crying and needing attention. Luckily that only happened once. Piper was a great sleeper like always for the rest of the time. Allisyn, on the other hand....let's just say we could use some divine intervention.

I got to hang out with my sister some. We went in search of an Entertainment Weekly. The podunk towns of OK do not seem to carry them. It is featuring Twilight this week. She is an BIG fan of all things Twilight. It was good to spend time with her. We left the girls with my mom and Aunt Sandy. They did the unspeakable and went and got my grandmother. I do everything I can to not submit my daughters to the torture that comes along with being around her. Yes, I know that sounds horrible, but I promise you, it is for the well-being of my children.

So we had a pretty good trip for the most part. After a rough drive back, we are very glad to be back home with Michael, and he is glad to have us back. I wish he would have cleaned up a bit, but he is a guy right?

2 comments:

Lea said...

Glad you made it home safely. It was so nice to see you guys. The pictures are adorable!

Jana H said...

I'm glad you had a good three days. I will be praying for all things concering Allisyn. I know God will help you all. Maybe I'll get to see you for Thanksgiving. I hope so. I want to see Piper. Well, I'll talk to you later.
Jana