Friday, May 15, 2009

Life

has been delivering so blows lately. Tuesday, my uncle James was about to head out on trip (he's a truck driver) and stopped close to home to grab some breakfast. He was checking his load and got knocked in the head with a boom. (It's something they use to tighten down their load.) He called his wife and she came and picked him up an took him to the ER. By the time they got there he was bleeding out of his ears, eyes, and nose. Diagnosis was a subdural hematoma. He was life-lighted (sp?) to Tulsa and they did surgery. After a few scares he avoided having to go in again for surgery on his brain. This morning, they went in and repaired his shattered collar bone. Last I heard he was doing well and they were hoping to let him wake-up soon.

Michael's grandma Bea also passed away yesterday morning. She was 98-years-young and was ready to go home.

Little curve balls that life has dished out, Michael taking out the garage door with....the van door. It is hard to explain, but it didn't do as much damage as it looked like it did. Our fence along the back of our yard got blown over. Our neighbors didn't even notice until Michael went and talked to them about it! Alli broke a tiny bottle of red nail polish on the kitchen tile. I'm still working on getting it out of the grout. We have yet to fix the radio in the van, but Michael is calling around to try to get it fixed before we take our trip this weekend. --Just found out, a minimum of $90 just to have it looked at. Ouch!

On the brighter side of things!! We made it to 9 months without walking and no teeth. Her first tooth did break through on Wednesday! She really doesn't like to show it off, but when she gets to laughing she can't hide it! Allisyn starts her Mother's Day Out on Tuesday! Michael now has the day off so we can all participate in her first day! I'm trying to prepare myself so I don't cry, but I'm sure there will be tears shed on my part!

We also got the sandbox "open" and both girls absolutely love it! I can tell we will be spending lots of time there this summer!!

Well that's our update! Hopefully, life will get back on track soon.

1 comment:

starlightmommy said...

Life does that....and when it all happens at once it stinks hard core

I am sorry to hear about your Uncle James getting injured but I am glad that he was taken care of and quickly. I hope that there isn't any more surgery and he wakes up just fine on his own.

Yes, I do have ways to entertain my kids in the car. It is a 9 hour drive (with stops of course but can take as long as 11 or so).

Have a good visit with the family.