Monday, December 7, 2009

Budgeting...

It is that time of year again when we start looking at our budget for the next year. We have NOT been doing very well this past year. At all. There has been no financial peace. I need Dave Ramsey to come give me a swift kick in the bum. I should probably set through the class again.

Our credit card is out of control. Our savings is in tears. Our bank account, is in survival mode. I take full responsibility for our financial state. Michael does not do much in our finances and probably needs to do a lot more.

There is some sunshine on our horizon, Michael will be getting some nice OT and holiday pay. Him going to nights also helps a bit. We are also giving up the gym membership that we don't use enough to keep paying for. Especially since Piper has to stay with the baby section until she is 2 and is NOT happy about it.

I'm also going to really start couponing. How many times have I said this? But I mean it! I'm trying to figure out what else we can cut out and cut back on. Like we will be starting to cook at home more.

We will have some big expenses in the upcoming year that will make our budget even tighter, but we will get through it and I pray that this time next year, it will be better!

Oh, and if anyone knows of any part time job that will let you work about 4 days a week every other week, let me know!! Haha!

No comments: