Sunday, May 4, 2008

A birthday, new van, and double digits

Last night we celebrated Michael's 30th Birthday with his parents and some of his friends. His birthday is on Tuesday and this weekend was his weekend off so we had a small party with some of his friends from OU that we still hang out with. We are the only the ones with kids, but everyone adores Allisyn so she gets lots of attention. His parents came up a little early and helped us with a lot of the prep work that we thought we were going to do Friday night but didn't get to it because we were in Norman looking for a van.

We have made a VERY financially peaceful decision with our van. It is 2003 Honda Odyssey. It is a loaded 2003. It has the built in DVD player and seat warmers and other cool stuff. It will cut our one remaining car payment in half! Now we just have to sell the 4Runner and all will be great! I just finished cleaning out the inside and working on the carpet today and got it posted online to start with.

We have now reached double digits in the countdown to Piper's arrival. 97 days to go today! I need to hurry and get my registries started because people are asking. We still have a LOT to do and I know the rest of the time is going to fly. I had my glucose test on Friday. I'm sure it will be fine. Allisyn stayed with a friend and thankfully did very well. She cried when I left and I felt awful, but she did not cry for too long and ended up having a great time.

The wood floors are doing great! Allisyn likes getting my shoes and dancing around the floor. She likes the noise! We still don't have the baseboards and reducers on yet, but my awesome BIL is coming back on Michael's next weekend off to help us with those. Did I mention that he is awesome?

Allisyn and I made our first trip to the zoo for the spring the other day! It was windy and their were a lot of school groups, but it was still nice to get out. We got our membership renewed so we are set for another year.

No comments: