Thursday, October 23, 2008

It is over!

This morning little miss Sunshine decided she was going to wake up at 515. She went back to sleep after an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but we were not thrilled. Waking her up to get her ready to go the hospital was far from pleasant. We got there and got her signed in. She did NOT want the ID bracelet put on. They ended up putting it on her leg. They gave her a bear and one for Piper. It was cute because she said "I want 2 bears." Then she tried to grab all 5 colors. She got mad when we told her she had to put some back.

She was ok in the waiting room looking for birds out the window. When they called us back to pre-op she was less than thrilled. She again did NOT want to put the gown on. She cried and again wanted her ID bracelet off. They got her 02 levels by letting Michael put in on her finger. When Dr. Doan came in, Allisyn didn't want much to do with her, or her tech, or the nurse. The anesthesiologist chooses not to give them a sedative before taking them back. It makes it easier for them to come around but harder for them and mom's when they have to say good-bye. Yes, I cried.

Then Michael ran to get us some food because we didn't want to eat in front of her since she couldn't have anything. As soon as he got back the nurse called us and told us that she had went under fine without any complications. Then we waited.

Finally the tech came out and went over the to dos and not to dos. Then they came and got us. As soon as we got into the hall, I could hear her saying, "I want my daddy." She was really wanting the IV out of her hand. As soon as I picked her up and held her she said "I want this off." Of course we couldn't take it off. I didn't get to hold her very long before she noticed Daddy had Piper and she wanted her daddy back.

We tried to get her to drink some juice or water, and she would not. Part of it was her still waking up, part of it was her being her little stubborn self. So after an hour 1/2 they called the anesthesiologist and Dr. Doan. The anesthesiologist came by and said he was fine with her going home. Dr. Doan finally called back and said she was ok with it too.

So they took the IV out. She was saying that it hurt. As soon as it was out and she was dressed and ready to go, she started to drink the juice! The nurses got a kick out of that. So now we are home and she is sleeping. She was in a pretty good mood on the way and when we got home, so that was good to see.

Miss Piper did absolutely wonderful! Thanks for all the prayers this week!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Glad everything went well. That is exactly how Carson did when he had his ear tubes and adenoid removal back in January. Almost word for word. Once the IV came out (he actually pulled it out himself) he drank and felt better and we could go home. Take Care!

Jana H said...

I'm glad everything was good. I'll be praying for Allisyn as she heals from her surgery. I bet she will be in pain, and I bet she will let you know. But I will pray that the Lord gives you the patience and strength to help her. I don't know when I'll see you again, probably Thanksgiving, but until then, I love you all so much.