Monday, October 13, 2008

2 month and pre-surgery check-ups

Well last weekend we had our class retreat. The trip down went pretty well. A friend and I drove down early with two 2-year-olds and 2 babies under 6 months. Not sure what we were thinking, but we prayed before we left and it went a lot better than we had anticipated. As for the actual retreat...we only stayed 1 night because Allisyn did not have a good night Friday night. She kept wanting to be rocked and wanting to go home. So we went home Saturday evening. We did not have a good trip back. We had to stop twice to try to soothe Piper.

Allisyn seems to be going through another phase of separation anxiety or something. She throws a fit when we try to leave her anywhere. Even Sunday and Wednesday night Bible class. We can forget Toddle Time. I don't know what to do. I still have her on the waiting list for a Mom's Day Out program, but now I'm wondering if she is ready for one.

Today was Piper's 2-month-checkup. She is doing GREAT! She is 23 3/4 inches. She has grown 2 inches since her last appointment. She was just over 12 lbs. That puts her in the 90-95% for her height and about 75% for her weight. Not as big as Allisyn, but not too far behind. I got lucky and Michael was able to go with me. Six evening shifts straight sucks, but I wasn't complaining too much this morning when he was there. Piper SCREAMS with shots. Allisyn cries and takes forever to console. Piper screams something terrible and calms down pretty quickly. She was asleep on her daddy's shoulder before we left the doctor's office.

We had to get Allisyn a physical before she has her dental procedure next Thursday. She is 38.6 lbs and 3 ft and 1 1/4 inches. Weight wise this means we have to invest in another carseat. Why? Because hers only goes to 40lbs and she is not ready for a booster seat. Luckily they have some that have the 5-point-harness that supports them until 65 lbs and then can be used as a booster seat after that. We also got her a prescription for Prevacid because she is still have stomach issues. Hopefully this will help.

Other exciting news, well it's exciting to me, I am attempting to learn how to make hair bows!! I have already found a pattern for a crocheted some really cute headbands! Now I have to take the plunge and attempt some bows to go with them!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I've been meaning to ask what the name of the surgery alli is having? What is her diagnosis?

ChandraJoy said...

She is having pulpotomies on the four top front teeth. Then they are putting crowns on them. The closer it gets the more I'm kind of freaking out about it.

Melanie said...

Oooo, that is a lot for a little one too go through, let alone ANYONE! Poor thing! I hope she AND You do ok. Don't worry though, you will be glad you got it done. What kind of crowns are they putting on?

ChandraJoy said...

The sheet says "Prefab stl crown w/ resin window." That doesn't mean too much to me other than they are supposed to be white.

Jana H said...

Joy, I will be praying for you as you battle this separation anxiety thing with Allisyn. I know it must be stressful. You sound like you are doing a great job at being a wonderful mother. I applaud you for having two little ones and dealing with all that while Michael is at work. That's great. Well, I'll talk to you later. You'll be in my prayers.
Jana