Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Brother Rocks!

I would link to their blog, but they don't keep up with it. I think they tried to claim that there life was very interesting or something. This was around the time when they got to take care of Allisyn for 2 days! Anyway this is NOT about picking on him for not keeping up with his blog. This is to say THANK YOU for helping me out this morning.

I had to take Forrest in to drop him off for his knee surgery and knew there was no way I could get a 98 lb gimpy lab in with a baby and a toddler. So he came over and watched them for me. Granted it was only for about 15-20 minutes, BUT this is the first time they had been left with anyone alone together other Michael or myself. I was really afraid Allisyn might be whiny or have a meltdown since she has been up since 530, but she did great! Her Dustin was there to play with her.

Yesterday we had a good day. The girls and I went to the zoo with a whole bunch of friends from church. We had quite a group. Allisyn actually took a normal timed nap! Which was nice because I needed to get some cleaning done before our adopted girls came over for dinner. Michael had to run and get insurance stuff for Alli's surgery taken care of. All should be ready for Thursday in that area.

Then there was miscommunication with the girls (meaning I screwed up) and we got a late start to our evening, but it turned out really well. Both of our girls are really sweet. They seemed to get along with each other really well. Allisyn warmed up to them pretty well too! That is always a plus.

Off to get some housework done....maybe.

3 comments:

cleancup said...

adopted girls?

ChandraJoy said...

Our church has a college adoption program where you adopt college kids so they can have some "family" while they are away from home.

Jana H said...

That's so neat. I would love if I was going to college in your town. I would so be one of your "kids."