Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lets talk about your closet.

Ok, well you don't have to really talk about yours, but I am going to talk about ours. It is a nice size closet. Michael and I have the same amount of space for our clothes.

When I did this rough tally yesterday, there were still two loads of laundry out adding about 7 hangers to Michael's side and 4 to mine.

One side had 127 occupied hangers: rough breakdown
42 T-shirts
10 sweaters
8 sweatshirts
20 pants (jeans and dress)
10-polo type shirts
30 button-up shirts

This does NOT count the 8-12 pairs of shorts, 6+ athletic pants,and pj pants.

The other side had 63 occupied hangers.
13% are bottoms that cannot be worn until more weight is lost.
19% are undershirts that are not worn alone in public.
10% are kept purely for sentimental purposes (think soccer jerseys from mission trip to Brazil, and Eeyore sweatshirts from high school)
So that is approximately 58% left for actual wear, and that selection isn't the best.

So whose is whose? Michael has way more clothes than I do. In his defense, he doesn't get rid of much. Though when he learned I was going to blog about this he did do a small amount of purging. I have had to get rid of many clothes due to the gaining and loosing weight from pregnancies and the NOT loosing the weight from Piper. My MAIN reason in doing this is so I have hard core numbers to put Michael in his place when he tries to join in me in my whining about not having enough clothes. It's not my fault if you wear the same things over and over...you have options. The other reason is to say that I am REALLY excited about our upcoming shopping trip to Canton!!!

2 comments:

Lea said...

We have the exact same situation at our house:). Funny how that works. Where is canton? I know I've heard of it but can't place it right now.

starlightmommy said...

I hear you....oh do I ever. Aaron has way way way more clothes then I do. He shelves of t-shirts, lots of hanging items (work cloths) and his nice stuff. I have to hang my t-shirts just to keep up with the pace :)