Friday, April 11, 2008

I have figured out....

how to get my wonderful husband to get stuff done! Especially on a Friday that he has off. Hide the remotes and tell him he cannot watch Survivor until certain things are finished! I was totally mean. He did take a break at lunch and got to eat and watch his show, but he is now back to working on the to do list while Alli takes her nap. He had his poker night last night and Allisyn gave me quite the time getting to bed and woke up with some tummy troubles that were not fun to deal with. Who did she want? Daddy, of course. I refrained from telling her what I was really thinking about my wonderful husband at the time, and I told her all she had was mommy. Luckily we got through it and she went back to sleep and slept most of the night.

On the list of things that got finished this morning, the 4Runner got washed and vacuumed! It still needs to be cleaned out some on the inside, but it is the cleanest it has been in a looong time! And Allisyn's bed is getting assembled. In Michael's defense on this item, we have been waiting well over a month for the parts they did not include to come in the mail. Now that he bed will be finished, we really do not have an excuse not to plunge ahead and attempt the task of getting her to sleep in her own bed. I'm really trying to be optimistic about it, but we have not had the best of luck in this area.

Other exciting news, ok it is probably only exciting for me but, we got our hardwood floors ordered on Wednesday!! Lowes was having a sale where any special ordered flooring you saved 20% on. Did I get exactly what I wanted? No. I really would love to be eco-friendly and have really really gorgeous floors, but our budget would not allow $8-14 dollars per square foot of flooring. Yep, that is how much my favorites were running. We have a few other things that we need to be spending our $ on. Like Piper's furniture and paint and LIFE.

No comments: