Friday, April 4, 2008

Long Day

It started with Allisyn waking up at 530. Yes, in the a.m. After 6 we gave in and turned on the TV for her and she kind of let us rest a little more. Of course she crawled all over us thinking it was great fun. Not a wonderful way to start the day. Luckily Michael works the late shift and he was there to help with her. He was also able to make it to my OB appointment. Everything is looking good! I am now to the point where I can go the special urgent care just for pregnant women over 20 weeks along! Not that we want to have to use it, but it is nice to know it is there.

Soo after waking up early, Allisyn of course passed out on the way home. WooHoo! Nap for mom, right? Wrong. As soon as I got to sleep, I was awaken by my dogs going nuts and the cats getting freaked out because of it. THEN, I hear footsteps. On my roof. At first I told myself it was the cats running around upstairs. Then I remembered that there isn't anything above our bedroom. So I go outside and there is a roofing truck in the driveway and a ladder against my house. So I go around back and there is a guy on my roof.

We live on Place and he was supposed to be on Street. I can see the foreign guys who are delivering pizza getting confused at night in the dark. But a professional individual in the broad daylight should double check and make sure they have the right house before the scare the living daylights out of someone by walking around on their roof. Needless to say I could not get back to sleep after that. At least I got to rest with Allisyn.

Then we got up and enjoyed some time outside. We took a nice walk and then came home and played with sidewalk chalk in the driveway and blew some bubbles! Now we have about an hour and a half before dad gets home and hopefully she will keep her good mood.

OH, and how could I forget, it just happened. I was in here blogging and she went to the kitchen to what I thought was to trade spoons for her ice cream. After a few minutes, I asked her what she was doing and she jabbered. That should have been my clue to get up, but I didn't. The second time she didn't answer so I got up to go see what she was up to. She had a baby in a stroller and it was covered in ice cream. How sweet and sticky.

At least she shares, right?

1 comment:

Lea said...

Oh, poor baby...although at least baby got some ice cream:). That's too funny!