Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Total Waste of My Time

Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but my orientation appointment that I had to go before I could actually see an OB was a big waste of my time. I'm sure it is informative for first time mom's and the mom whose child is 17 years, but most of information I got today I already knew. The only useful stuff was the few specifics about facility and hospital policy and that was not very much. I guess getting my blood drawn for my work up and peeing in a cup is probably useful too, but an hour and a half was quite a visit.

I also learned today that I get kind of claustrophobic in parking garages. At least the ones that have really low ceilings in them. I had already gotten myself kind of stressed out about figuring out where to park, and then, when I got to the garage it was not pretty. I was very thankful when it was all said and done and me and my car were out of the cramped parking garage.

Allisyn did very well with my friend and her boys. She a little when I left, but they went outside and played and she soon forgot about me! She loves being outside so I am glad the weather was nice enough for them to go out and play. She was all happy and excited about "telling" me what all she did. When I asked if she had fun I got a strong, "yes." They must have worn her out because she was fast asleep before we got home. It was around her nap time anyway, but one minute she was looking at a book, the next she out.

I'm sure there has been more going on, but I really cannot think of it. We have enjoyed the past couple of days and the beautiful weather they have brought. It is a nice change. I have not looked at the forecast, but I am praying that it stays like this for a while. Well, I'm off to get in a nap with Alli-bug. There was not much sleep to be had by anyone last night and in case we have a repeat night I need to prepare.

No comments: