Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all those wonderful dad's out there, and to those future dad's out there who I know will be awesome! No, I'm not announcing anything about anyone so no one needs to go assuming things!

Unfortunately, Michael had to work today. He did get to go do "Doughnuts with Dad" with Allisyn this morning. Actually I think it was doughnuts while walking around the church, but I know he enjoyed every second of it. She was not a happy camper when Daddy wasn't there to pick her up from Toddle Time. We got to the car and that bottom little lip just shook and she cried, "I want Dadda." Talk about melting a mom's heart.

Allisyn and I are very blessed to have Michael. She has him wrapped so tightly around her little finger. I'm not exactly sure what he is going to do when he has two little girls telling him how things are supposed to be! I know he will be great as always. It never fails the first thing she asks for when she wakes up is "dadda." On his days off or the days he works the later shift, I'll point to him. (Yes, we are still co-sleeping.) She will roll over and give him a HUGE hug and kiss and tell him she needs to get something to eat. She usually doesn't get anything, but the fact that he will get up with her is what matters. On days when he has already at work, I'll tell her he is at work and she will smile and tell me how much she loves her daddy.

Tomorrow Michael has the day off so I am sure that he and Alli will get to make up for him being at work today. I will get to go to my OB appointment, are you ready? ALONE! (gasp!) Did I mention that we have 8 weeks left? Physically, I'm beyond ready. We still have a lot to do with her room and the house, but hopefully the to-do list will get wrapped up soon.

Almost forgot to mention, our dryer went kapoot last night. Thankfully we still have the gas dryer from the rent house. We may be swapping them out tomorrow-- fun fun.

No comments: