Monday, June 9, 2008

More nesting and turning a year older

Saturday was a great day for my nesting. Why? Michael was home and got to help! We reorganized the garage so we have plenty of room to get in and out and I don't have to worry if I am pulled up far enough or not. For some reason, the van throws me off that way. We also got started on the much neglected landscaping in out front yard. There is a lot that still needs to be done, but hey, we got started! We also picked the color for Piper's room! WooHoo!! We decided to go with a light blue. YES, I am painting my daughter's room blue. My own mother let it slip about how she would NEVER paint a little girl's room blue, but you know what? I am NOT my mother!! Sorry, moving on.

Sunday was my 27th birthday! It came and went quietly, the way I like it. We did go out and eat Sunday evening after church. Actually we ate out Saturday night, picked up fast food on the way home Sunday morning, and ate out again Sunday night, but only one was given the reason of "it's my birthday." I did more nesting on Sunday. I finished cleaning out Allisyn's closet and bedroom. She can now play in there again!! Piper has 5 tubs and a basket of clothes that I need to wash and sort through. She also has a basket of bibs and blankets that need to be cleaned and put away.

We have nursery taped off! I was hoping to get started on priming today, but it didn't happen. I knew I needed to take it easy today, especially since I wanted to go to prenatal yoga tonight. Which I did, and it was nice. I also returned Piper's first bedding choice to BRU. I don't like returning things for some reason, but I got it out of the way. I also stopped by Target and started a registry there. I also really do not like registries. Well, I like them when I am shopping for other people, but I hate putting them together for myself. Seriously, what do you register for when this is your second child? Especially when they are both girls! I did get one started though so I'm proud of myself for knocking that out.

We have 9 weeks until the estimated due date to Piper, and I am really praying that she comes sooner, because I don't know how much more of the bum in my ribs I can take. I just want to be able to breathe again!! Not to mention the summer is already turning out to be a scorcher. Well, I'm off to bed, maybe the bum will leave my ribs and I can get some sleep!

No comments: