Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Painting tips from a Pregnant Woman!

First off let me say that Piper's room is now painted!! YAY ME!! I will give Michael credit of the 10-15% of priming and taping of the ceiling that he assisted me with, but the rest was all me. I will hold off on the pictures until we get the furniture in and put together, because right now it's just blue with tubs of clothes every where!

Adding a note to say that Michael would probably have helped me with the painting this weekend, but I couldn't take the chance of something coming up to put it off any longer. Also, I'm hoping the furniture will get in by this weekend and we can work on that!

Another thing that is important to note it that I am an impatient painter. I like it to be done and quickly and that never happens. Especially when I get OCD with the primer. Another important thing to note is that I probably shouldn't really be allowed to be on a ladder when I'm NOT pregnant, much less when I am 32 weeks! But Piper has high ceilings and the step stool wasn't quite enough.

So here are some of my tips for other pregnant woman who might be impatient and NEED to get it done instead of waiting for their husband or whom ever to get it done.

1) Realize that you cannot reach as far as you could before you were pregnant. Your balance is OFF! Therefore you will probably have to get down and scoot the ladder more than you really want. It is better than ending up with matching bruises on your legs from bracing against the rungs.

2) This can actually be a tip for everyone, but I'm sure most people don't have the excuse of a preggo brain. When coming down the ladder, don't use the paint tray as something to hold on to. Brushes and rollers will go flying. Thankfully, I got the tray before it hit the ground, but the brush did hit the ground. Thankfully it was a little brush and didn't have a lot of paint. We won't discuss the amount of paint and primer that ended up on the carpet throughout this whole thing though.

3) If this is your second child, as fun as you think it might be, think long and hard about letting your first child "help." We got off pretty lucky with this one. Allisyn did not get too much primer on her, but there still is a little bit behind her ear that she doesn't like us scrubbing at.

4) This is for pregnant and blind people. Chances are you will NOT get everything off of you in just a shower. You will probably need to utilize the tub and glasses to better see places like your legs. I think I walked around with primer all over my legs for a couple of days because I wouldn't notice it until I was out in public. It was like spots appeared while I was out.

Another tip, but nothing to do with painting. I would like to say it has to do with potty training, but we aren't really "training." Allisyn just likes to sit on the toilet, wipe at nothing, then flush. BUT a good tip is to check the diaper before you take off. Just because you can't smell it, doesn't mean it isn't full of poo. The little poo balls can AND will go bouncing across the floor. If you happen to be in the nesting phase, it is not good because then you have Clorox the whole floor.

Hopefully my blog was a little more lively and fun today. Looking at my last... well, a lot, they have been kind of blah! I'll try to work on that!

No comments: