Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Poor Bottom

Poor Allisyn has been having some major bottom and tummy troubles lately. The probiotics have not seemed to help at all. She had a really rough weekend and was just miserable. She was a bit of a monster in church in Sunday. To make things worse she has really started to hate going to the nursery which falls over to the child care for FPU. We don't know if it is because they don't do anything with them other than turning them loose to play or what. It breaks my heart to drop her off when she is crying, but it tears me apart totally to have her still crying when we pick her up, or worse, have them bring her to us.

Thanks to her discomfort we decided to skip church Sunday night. It was a good thing, she was miserable. Her wonderful daddy decided to step up and give her a baby laxative. If you have never had to do this, I pray that you never do. If you have had to, I am so sorry. I couldn't be in the room. She was crying, and I was crying, and it was horrible. After it was done she just wanted to be in the floor with her tush up in the air, crying. Finally it started working, and after 2 of the foulest diapers ever she seemed to feel better. We had a good night! Allisyn actually slept most of the night without having to be attached to mom!

Unfortunately she woke up with some more troubles passing more foul smelling stuff. What we don't get is what she is still passing. She hasn't ate hardly enough to keep a bird alive over the weekend. She isn't drinking enough to keep up with what she is loosing. Poor thing has had such a rough time. We did get to go outside and play yesterday! We sat in the yard and blew bubbles. She has this think of saying "GO" when she thinks we need to go somewhere. Unfortunately for her, we don't have a lot of places to go.

Last night we had FPU. They ran out of food at dinner before I got any. Which was just great. When we dropped Allisyn off she was happy and was waiving good-bye. We thought it might be a good night. Nope, they brought her to us. Poor thing was in a dirty diaper, but they didn't realize she had a bad. Ummmm, hello, I bring her bag every week. It was probably better I changed her anyway because her little bottom is just raw because of all the stuff she has been passing. No matter how soon we change her diaper, and believe me, with the smell, we change them right away.

So our day has started off with a cranky baby who doesn't want me to change her diaper when it needs it. She has also told me about 15 times she was hungry, but when we go to get her something, she tell me no to everything.

Is it 4 o'clock yet?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

We had to deal with this for both kids a couple weeks ago. Here's my tips (feel free to ignore this unasked for advice): Next time try Miralax. It's a powder that disolves in any liquid. So I put it in juice. It's more gentle and the doctor even has me use it on the baby! She sucks down a bottle of juice and before 24 hours is up she feels better and it's usually only one or two diapers and not everything she's ever eaten! Also if you use a cream on her bottom try A&D ointment if you don't use it already. It's kinda stinky, but it works! WAY better than the other ones. If you are really brave you can try cloth diapers because it'll make her feel better and clear up any rash/rawness faster than disposable diapers. You can barrow some of mine if you need some.
Ok that's all my advice for now. Call me if you need a break!