Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Trip to the ER

Last night we had a breaking point that lead us to the Children's ER. Allisyn's tummy was rock hard and she was just screaming in pain. So to the ER we went. I hate ERs. This was no different. We waited a while before we were finally taken back. They checked her out, and took an x-ray. The diagnosis is gastroenteritis. The think it is viral. Even if it was bacterial, there is nothing they can do. So pretty much I just have to sit around and watch my baby curl up in intense pain and scream through it. That is NOT what a mom wants to hear. They did paint her bottom purple to help with the diaper rash, which they thought might have yeast. I think the resident was more concerned with her diaper rash than the fact that my baby is extreme pain. I don't even think the purple stuff is helping her bottom all that much.

Soo the past 2 days have been a lot of just Alli and mom cuddling in the chair in between bouts of cramping and screaming. So if you would please say a prayer for Allisyn that this stuff leaves her little body soon, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Oh my gosh, that's terrible! I will definitely say a prayer for her and I hope she is better quickly.