Monday, January 28, 2008

I did it!

This is one of Allisyn's new phrases! She kept telling my brother "I did it," earlier when they were playing with some of her toys. It was really cute. Even when he did "it", she still claimed that it was her! My brother came by because we forgot his Christmas present here on Saturday when we went to go see them. Aren't we just wonderful? And yes, I meant Christmas present, it was something special he wanted that I had to order online and they just delivered it last week. Allisyn really enjoyed the box, but I am glad it is gone. She kept trying to pack it around, and it was not a good size for her to attempting such a task.

As I mentioned, Saturday we drove up to Stillwater to see my brother and sister-in-law. We ate at Eskimo Joe's, because Michael had never eaten there and wanted to try it out. It was pretty good, and I got some cheese fries!! Yumm! We had a really nice visit with them and Allisyn enjoyed spending time with them as always! She slept on the way up there, and we were pretty sure she would nap on they way back, but she lasted until we got into Edmond and the passed out. She woke up when we got home, so there was no nap for mom and dad.

We have continued our trend in making dinner! We are up to 6 days. Well, we made lunch yesterday and kind of forgot all about dinner. We were going to go to church, but Allisyn wasn't in a great mood so we knew it would be best not to take her. Michael left and went and played some basketball, and luckily she and I got along fine. She was all about Dad yesterday afternoon so I was a little apprehensive. I was catching up on some recorded shows. I have one left until I really feel the effects of the writer's strike. Anyway, she was sitting in my lap and looking at a book. Then she got down and got right back up. I was so absorbed in my show since she was in my lap. I mean really, how much trouble can she get in when she is sitting in my lap and looking at a book right? Well, I failed to notice she had gotten a crayon and was coloring in her book. Luckily it was a cheap book that she had gotten in her Halloween bucket, but still. It was not one of my finer parenting moments.

Then this morning she was going to hand me my glasses and broke them. They are still wearable, but one of my ear pieces is just barely hanging on. Hopefully they can hang on a while longer. Tonight is night 3 of FPU and Michael has been whining because he has had to turn down free dinner at Mickey Mantels and free tickets to the OSU/OU game. Well, Allisyn has her coat halfway on and is trying to convince me that we are going somewhere, and I must go convince her that we are not. Fun times.

No comments: