Monday, January 21, 2008

A loong day

We started out today at 630 am. UGH! I am NOT a morning person. I really don't do well when we wake up before Playhouse Disney comes on. For the first part of the morning Alli was cranky and irritable. It was one of those days you wish you could wiggle your nose and start the day all over again. Finally she got in a little better mood, but was still pretty moody. She finally went down for a nap about 230. Then when we got her up to get ready for Monday Night for the Master and our Financial Peace University, she just was not having it. So she and daddy and stayed home. I am hoping tomorrow goes better or else I might go a little crazy.

FPU was interesting tonight. He was talking about how men and women different in money matters. I have to say that I am very blessed to have a pretty responsible husband husband. Well, as I was typing that up he just started talking about buying a bigger projector and screen for down here. UMMMM, we don't even have this one close to being payed off. So usually, he is pretty responsible. And I can happily say that we are not like the majority of the population and we have very rarely had disagreements about our money management and I cannot recall any actual fighting over it.

He was also talking about how one person is a nerd and one person is a free spirit. I wish one of us had a bit more nerd in us. I have some in me, in that I like to have things down on paper and organized, but the follow through is just not there. Let's take our Home Depot account. It is the 12 months no interest plan. It is not due until June. We have just now started paying it back. I had it all planned to make a big payment on it, multiple times, but we just kept putting it off. I know that we will get it paid off in time, but I had better follow through, or more nerd in me, it would be farther along by now. Anyway, we are working on it and hopefully I can step it up and be more of a nerd.

I have to mention this because it has been on my mind all day. Today should have been my parents 30+ (1 or 2) wedding anniversary. I know it is sad that I don't know for sure, but they were on again and off again so much we did not hold much to them. Anyway today they seem to be having this competition about who can hold out the longest before talking to a divorce lawyer. I have told my dad many times that I am looking at how they did things with their marriage, and I am going to the opposite with mine. One of the major things, money management. I am excited to learn about Dave's tips for raising up children who are money smart. I want to be able to give that to my kids.

I am also trying to come up with ways to help boost our savings. The only thing I can really think of is to try to do more massages, but I'm too sure how well that will work out. We shall see. I did have one on Saturday that went really well! It was nice to actually bring in some $. I haven't done that in a looooong time. One thing we are supposed to do this week is to find accountability partners. People we can call when we are about to do something not smart to our budget. People to say, "don't be stupid, you don't need that." Soooo, I'm asking Dustin and Rachel (my brother and SIL) to be our peoples. They are pretty smart with their money and I think, between the 2 of them, they would be able to keep us in line.

Well my Alli-bug and my wonderful husband are putting the sheets back on the bed. They HAD to get washed today thanks to a little girl squatting and peeing all over my side of the bed. Thanks Allisyn. I think they are just about done and will be wanting mom to come to bed soon. We have so not been doing anything at all to try to get Allisyn in her own bed lately. NOT good, but hopefully soon.

No comments: